Get Clean with SOAP & WATER: Day 1-11

Today is Day 11 of our Get Clean with SOAP & WATER journey. (If you missed the start you may read about it here) Gavin and I get up in the morning and over our first cup of coffee we read the scripture we were assigned for the day, and discuss. Then throughout the day we pay attention to how the verse applies to our day. In the evenings or afternoons we reflect in our journal and this has proven helpful to process our daily struggles and joys. We have been moved in so many ways by the relationship we are building with God as we focus on being intentional with our walk. 

Some highlights from scripture, thankfulness, and physical health over the last 11 days:

  • Day 1: 
    • No matter what God loves us and we will never be separated from Him
    • Thankful for starting the mornings out with God and discussing His wonderful works
    • Waking up hungry and with joint pain
  • Day 2
    • I had three affirmations of God’s light shining today at work.
    • Thankful for our three kids who are willing and capable of cooking healthy, delicious meals
    • Exhausted- feel like I was dragging all day, napped when I got home from work and wanted a margarita (Gavin helped me say no)
  • Day 3
    • The Holy Spirit is my guide and connection to God every second of every day
    • Thankful I was able to pray with family who are facing scary health diagnosis
    • Back pain and hungry by 10:45 am
  • Day 4
    • God is instructing us to rest
    • Thankful for the smell of fresh cut grass and a husband who mows the lawn AND does laundry.
    • Craving nerds and no bake cookies like CRAZY: praying through it
  • Day 5
    • NEW Creation has come and Old is gone!
    • Thankful for hugs!
    • Wanted cookies from church, not because I was hungry but they looked good. However Gavin and I stayed strong
  • Day 6
    • Today I will not be afraid, when I start to feel anxious I will repeat - TRUST, SUBMIT, NOURISHMENT
    • I am thankful for God taking my bad dreams away before I start to panic on them at night
    • I Feel so relaxed and like time is not as pressing this week. Praise GOD!
  • Day 7
    • If we focus on God, it is very hard to be anxious. 
    • Thankful for the outdoors, animals, and opportunities to be in nature throughout the day.
    • Feeling pretty irritable today, and had to focus on deep breathing
  • Day 8
    • Nothing I do on my own will bear fruit, and only God can prune me to be the vine filled with life, fruit and gifts.
    • Thankful for opportunities to love and to serve others
    • It feels like a bunch of rubber bands have been removed from my chest
  • Day 9
    • We cannot find success if we seek human desires, we must share in His nature to escape
    • Thankful for a husband who seeks you first, and is a guide to others with his love.
    • Feeling relaxed and like there is more time in my day
  • Day 10
    • Father, you made me exactly how you needed me for the purpose you are asking me to fulfill
    •  Thank you for the desire to teach and learn.
    • Abstained from a chocolate cake (Woo woo)
  • Day 11
    •  If I start to wander away God will come seeking my heart again
    •  I am thankful for the wonderful team of people at the Ray Center and their families for welcoming me so completely even before I begin to serve their mission.
    • Awake, alert and excited for the day 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wrestling to Make a Difference

School Lunch

The Moment I Became A Teacher