I notice...

I notice

When you look at me with love in your eyes of blue
I notice
When we cuddle close and you pull me closer to you
I notice
When your hand finds mine while we drive or walk
I notice
When you listen to me process and talk
I notice
When you rub my back just as we start to fall asleep
I notice
When the little notes of love I leave, you keep
I notice
When you go out of your way to show me an ugly car
I notice
When you go on a run with me no matter how far
I notice
When you bow your head, hold my hand and pray
I notice
When you show God through the way you act each day
I notice
When you tell others I am wonderful and a lady too
I notice
When you wrestle with our son and do the girls' hair too
I notice
When you hold me when I am feeling lonely or cold
I notice
When you tell me stories about when we grow old
I notice
When you take great care to fold the laundry or clean the dishes
I notice
When you do all you can to make me smile and grant my wishes
I notice
When you brew me a fresh pot of coffee after a long day
I notice
When you struggle because you always find a way
I notice
When you mow the yard striped, straight and neat
I notice
When you stand over the grill even in the summer heat
I notice
When you hang up the flag each morning and lock the doors at night
I notice
When you push me to reach my dreams and never give up the good fight
I notice
When you believe in me even when I don't know where I am headed
I notice
When you shed light on things I once feared or dreaded
I notice
When you make me laugh out loud
I notice
When you are humble even when you should be proud
I notice
When you make me feel the love of Christ through your actions each day
I notice
 
And I praise God for blessing my life with you and forever yours I'll stay


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wrestling to Make a Difference

The Christmas Letter Tradition

The Moment I Became A Teacher